Graduating with a BA in Economics and Psychology from the University of British Columbia and completing his post graduate work in counseling at the University of Regina, John is also a Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA) from the Educational Institute of the American Hotel and Motel Association.
Following a 7 year career in counseling and 8 years in property development and hotel management he decided to make a career change to real estate and a lifestyle change to the Greater Victoria area. It soon became evident that his choice of career and location was the right one. John quickly became one of the region’s top producing REALTORS®:
- Licensed as a REALTOR® in 1989
- Joined RE/MAX in 1990
- MLS® Gold Award 1991-2019
- MLS® Special Gold Award 1995
- MLS® President’s Award 2000
- MLS Outstanding Achievement Award 2010
- Inducted into the RE/MAX Hall of Fame in 1995
- RE/MAX 100% Club Award 1995-2018
- RE/MAX Platinum Club Award 1995-2018
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement Award 2003
- RE/MAX Chairman Club Award 2004-2009
- RE/MAX Circle of Legends Award 2016
- RE/MAX Diamond Club Team Award 2016
- RE/MAX Chairman’s Club Team Award 2017
- RE/MAX Platinum Club Team Award 2018
- The #1 RE/MAX Camosun REALTOR® in Victoria Real Estate Board 2002, 2003 & 2006
- The #1 RE/MAX Real Estate Agent in Sooke 1991-2016* (*VREB MLS Sales)
- Consistently among the top 10% of REALTORS® in the Victoria Real Estate Board
- Consistently amount the top 10% of RE/MAX REALTORS® in Western Canada
- Among “Canada’s Most Referred REALTORS®”
- Among the “Who’s Who in Residential Real Estate in North America”
Why John Chose to Locate to the Greater Victoria Area
After growing up in Vancouver and living for 8 years in the US Midwest, John, his wife and two children chose to return to the beautiful west coast. Earlier sailing trips among the Gulf Islands and up and down the Vancouver Island coastline had created a deep seated desire to someday live in the Greater Victoria Area. John believes that Greater Victoria’s unique combination of magnificent mountains, forests, oceans, Canada’s best weather and charming cosmopolitan city, without the hustle and bustle of a major metropolis is second to none in North America. Since moving to Greater Victoria over 25 years ago, he has infected countless others with his enthusiasm for the area and its world-class lifestyle and helped well over a thousand people call the region home.
John – the Person and the REALTOR®
John attributes his success in his real estate career to his style of doing business – listening to his clients needs and providing honest, enthusiastic, courteous, professional service and proven results – always. Ask any of the hundreds of people that he has helped over the years and they will tell you that his greatest assets are his integrity and professionalism. John prides himself on providing the most thorough, courteous and professional real estate services available. In fact 80 to 90% of his clients today are repeat clients or those referred to him by existing clients. John specializes in residential properties and land throughout Greater Victoria and is pleased to help buyers and sellers regardless of property location.
John’s Special Abilities to Help Others Achieve Their Real Estate Needs
Honesty, integrity, professionalism and friendliness are an integral part of John’s character and form the core of his professional ethics. These traits combined with his natural enthusiasm and compassion motivates him to go beyond what may be expected of a REALTOR®. In addition, John’s education and training in psychology and counseling have provided him with the ability to understand the motivations and emotions of both buyer and seller and the skill to bring these parties successfully together. These thoughts are perhaps best illustrated in the words of one of his many clients:
“Your advice during negotiations was insightful and showed knowledge of and respect for the concerns and motivations of both buyer and seller. We have come to appreciate the thoroughness and accuracy of your work. Your work demonstrated friendliness, thoroughness and precision, practicality, and at all times an honest respect for the persons involved. All this with an enduring sense of humour! It has been a pleasure working with you. You well deserve the moniker “Real Estate Professional”. – B & L Lemire-Elmore
John would like to make buying or selling your home a positive and enjoyable experience. In short, he would like to make you a happy client. To find out how, contact John today.